An Egret member aged 12 or above who meets the following requirements for qualifying miles or segments will be upgraded to a Xiamen Airlines VIP member and entitled to tailored VIP services.
Miles/segments to qualify for membership (within 12 consecutive months)
Miles/segments to maintain membership (within 24 months of VIP membership)
VIP membership validity
|Diamond||150,000 qualifying miles or 90 qualifying segments||280,000 qualifying miles or 180 qualifying segments|
|Maintain Platinum membership for six consecutive years and accrue at least 750,000 qualifying miles during the period|
|Platinum||100,000 qualifying miles or 60 qualifying segments||180,000 qualifying miles or 120 qualifying segments|
|Gold||60,000 qualifying miles or 35 qualifying segments||110,000 qualifying miles or 70 qualifying segments|
|Silver||40,000 qualifying miles or 20 qualifying segments||70,000 qualifying miles or 40 qualifying segments|
1. Qualification miles for VIP membership qualification/maintenance only refers to the miles earned by flying in eligible classes on Xiamen Airlines flights or on other airline partners’ flights. VIP tier bonus miles, promotional miles and miles obtained through non-airline partners do not count toward VIP membership.
2.Qualification flight segments for VIP membership qualification/maintenance only refers to segments eligible for mileage accrual.
3. VIP membership will remain valid for 24 months (starting from the date of card issuance). If the VIP member fails to meet the VIP membership maintenance criteria, he/she will be automatically downgraded to the corresponding tier status according to the above chart.
4. Every 24 months after you have obtained VIP membership, Xiamen Airlines will reassess your VIP membership according to the qualification miles or segments you have accrued during this period.
|Benefits||Egret Diamond||Egret Platinum||Egret Gold||Egret Silver|
|Complimentary VIP Card for one specified person①||√||-||-||-|
|Gift package for qualifying membership||6 vouchers for VIP lounges operated by Xiamen Airlines||3 vouchers for VIP lounges operated by Xiamen Airlines||2 vouchers for VIP lounges operated by Xiamen Airlines||2,000 Egret miles|
|Gift package for maintaining membership||10 vouchers for VIP lounges operated by Xiamen Airlines||5 vouchers for VIP lounges operated by Xiamen Airlines||3 vouchers for VIP lounges operated by Xiamen Airlines||2,000 Egret miles|
|Upgrades and seat reservations|
|Complimentary upgrade to First Class③ (Full-fare Cabin J, Business Class)||√||-||-||-|
|Complimentary upgrade to Business Class③ （Full-fare Cabin Y, Economy Class）||√||√||√||5/year|
|Guaranteed Reservations for VIP members themselves, full-fare Economy Class④||√||-||-||-|
|Priority reservation and airport standby||√|
|Benefits at Airports|
|Inviting guests to check-in at First Class or Business Class counter||2 guests on the same flight and same day||1 guest on the same flight and same day||-||-|
|Access to VIP lounge||Members can invite 2 guests on the same flight and same day||Members can invite 1 guest on the same flight and same day||Member only||Member only (for VIP lounges operated by Xiamen Airlines only)⑥|
|Service in case of flight disruprions||The same services as for Business Class passengers||-|
|Priority check-in||Check-in counter for First Class or Business Class|
|Favorable Fees and Surchages|
|Redemption for VIP member’s personal preferred seating at International/Regional flights||Complimentary||Entitled to special offers|
|Complimentary ticket changes and refunds⑦||√||√||√||-|
|Extra free baggage allowance⑧||40 kg （weight basis）/ 1 piece（piece basis）||30 kg （weight basis）/ 1 piece（piece basis）||20 kg （weight basis）/ 1 piece（piece basis）||10 kg （weight basis）/ 1 piece（piece basis）|
|VIP Tier bonus miles⑨||50%||30%||15%||10%|
|Double bonus miles for flights taken on birthdays⑩||√|
|Miles validity extended by 1 year⑪||√||-||-||-|
Notes: “√”means the service is available,and “▲” means the service is available subject to specific circumstances.
① Complimentary VIP Card for one specified person
Diamond members who have successfully maintained their status may be entitled to specify one person to be awarded a Silver membership within a month of successful maintenance. Diamond members who have accrued 500,000 miles or above within the validity of thier VIP membership by taking flights operated by Xiamen Airlines with an MF code may be entitled to specify one person to be awarded a Gold membership.
The expiration date of the complimentary VIP membership is identical to that of the Diamond membership. The person specified for the complimentary membership must be at least 12 years old. The complimentary membership is not entitled to membership qualifying gift packages.
② Service Ambassador
Diamond members may use the dedicated service when calling Xiamen Airlines’ ticket booking hotline and be entitled to personal “Service Ambassador” service around the clock.
③ Complimentary upgrades: Diamond members who fly on full fare Business J Class are eligible for a complimentary upgrade to First Class. Egret Miles Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver Card members who fly on full fare Economy Y class are eligible for a complimentary upgrade to Business Class. Silver Card members are entitled to up to 5 upgrades to Business Class each year within the term of validity of membership (one year from the date of automatic membership upgrade).
If the ticket is issued more than 3 hours before the scheduled departure time, and there are seats available in Business Class, VIP members will be automatically upgraded when checking in. If the ticket is issued within 3 hours of scheduled departure, Xiamen Airlines cannot guarantee the free upgrade service for VIP members because of the time limit for pre-flight preparation.
④Guaranteed Reservations for VIP members themselves, full-fare Economy Class
Diamond members who have booked a full fare Economy Class ticket with our Service Ambassador or at one of our direct sales outlets 24 hours before departure time will be guaranteed a seat. This service is applicable to flights with the MF code or those operated by us.
Diamond members may make reservations 24 hours before the scheduled departure time for a guide who will guide them upon arrival only at airports in Xiamen, Fuzhou, Quanzhou, Hangzhou, Changsha,Beijing and Tianjin. This service is applicable to flights with MF code or those operated by us.
⑥VIP lounge service for Silver members
Silver members may be entitled to service at the VIP lounges we operate at the airports in Xiamen, Fuzhou, Quanzhou, Hangzhou, Changsha, Tianjin and Nanchang.
⑦Free ticket changes and refunds
1. Only for tickets purchased at Xiamen Airlines’ official website, mobile app, WeChat, ticketing office, or through our service hotline (95557).
2. Only for tickets purchased at a discount of 50% or less where the booking class is F/A/J/C/D/I/Y/H/B/M/L/K/N/Q/V on domestic flights. Tickets for international flights, flights to/from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, and non-refund tickets are excluded.
3. To receive a fee waiver, the passenger shall request a ticket refund at our direct sales outlets, and request flight change at the original ticket issuing office before the scheduled departure time. A fee waiver is unavailable after your flight departs. Flight changes and ticket refunds are subject to current fare conditions.
⑧Extra Free Baggage Allowance
The total free baggage allowance for VIP members is equal to the free baggage allowance for the original class of service plus the extra free baggage allowance.
For flights where the baggage allowance is calculated by the number of bags (piece basis), the following rules apply:
Each bag for First Class or Business Class passengers shall be up to 32 kg, and each bag for Economy Class passengers shall be up to 23 kg. The total outside dimensions of each bag (length + width + height) shall not exceed 158 cm.
⑨VIP Tier Bonus Miles
In addition to base award miles accrued, Egret Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver Card members will earn 50%, 30%, 15% and 10% of TPM, respectively, as VIP Tier bonus miles when they purchase tickets on domestic flights at a discount of no more than 20% or purchase tickets in class F/A/J/C/D/I/Y on international flights and flights to/from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. The miles will be added to the member’s normal bonus miles and electronic account, which are not considered as qualifying miles for obtaining or maintaining membership.
⑩Double bonus miles for flights taken on birthdays
When a VIP member takes a flight operated by Xiamen Airlines and with an MF code on his or her birthdays, double bonus miles will be accrued as per the cabin class he or she takes. The additional bonus miles shall not be considered as the miles qualifying or maintaining the membership.
⑪ Miles validity extended by 1 year
Diamond members who take flights with an MF code during the validity period of their membership shall have the validity of the accrued miles extended to December 31st of the fifth year from the date of the flight.
When redeeming award tickets or upgrades, or services such as VIP lounges we operate or preferred seating at our direct sales outlets, official website or by calling our service hotline 95557, miles may be overdrawn if the miles in the member’s account are insufficient. The overdraft limit for Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver members are 12,000, 6,000, 3,000 and 1,000 miles, respectively.
1. The Egret VIP Card can only be used by the cardholder within the membership validity period. Xiamen Airlines reserves the right to reclaim or deactivate a VIP card after it expires.
2. In case of improper use of an Egret VIP Card (e.g., use after expiration or transferring or lending the card to others), Xiamen Airlines reserves the right to confiscate the Egret VIP Card and terminate the VIP membership without notice.
3. Egret Miles VIP members shall present the Egret VIP Card, original ID document and boarding pass for access to exclusive VIP services.
4. The free upgrade service is only available for flights both coded and operated by Xiamen Airlines; the company reserves the right to suspend the service under special circumstances. All free upgrades will only be provided for eligible passengers on the ground; no free upgrades will be awarded onboard.
5. VIP services are not available on code-share flights.
6. To ensure on-time departure, we may be unable to guarantee a regular First Class / Business Class meal for those passengers who received a free upgrade shortly before the scheduled departure time, due to the limited time available for meal preparation.
7. The VIP services and benefits listed above are subject to conditions of specific flights.
Egret Miles VIP members qualify for the following VIP benefits when taking flights both coded and operated by SkyTeam member airlines.
|Elite benefits||SkyTeam Elite||SkyTeam Elite Plus|
|Extra Baggage Allowance①||√||√|
|Preferred Seating②||√(international flights of 6 hours or more)||√(international flights of 6 hours or more)|
|Priority Reservation Wait List||√||√|
|Priority on Airport Standby||√||√|
|Priority Baggage Handling||√|
|Guaranteed Reservation③||√(international flights of 6 hours or more)|
|Lounge Access④||√(Member with one guest)|
(1) SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus members may enjoy free additional baggage allowance on any SkyTeam partner airlines’ operated flights.
Weight Concept: Elite member + 10kg, Elite Plus member + 20kg.
Piece Concept: Elite member/ Elite Plus members + 1piece.
Some SkyTeam partners may adopt special policies regarding extra baggage allowance. Please contact the actual carrier for more information.
(2) For Elite and Elite Plus members who take SkyTeam partner airlines’ flights, preferred seating is available only on long-haul international flights of 6 hours or more.
(3) Elite Plus members will be guaranteed a confirmed, full-fare economy class reservation on any SkyTeam long-haul flight (international, 6 hours or more) - including sold-out flights. The reservation must be made at least 24 hours prior to departure time.
(4) Elite Plus members traveling in any class of service are entitled to all the member airlines’ lounges when they are departing on a same-day (within 24 hours) international flight operated by one of the SkyTeam airlines. They are allowed to invite one guest (traveling on a SkyTeam flight but not necessarily on the same flight) for lounge access. The guest is able to get access to the lounges only when he/she is together with the Elite Plus member.
Egret Miles VIP members qualify for the following VIP benefits when taking flights with an NS code that are operated by Hebei Airlines, or flights with an RY code that are operated by Jiangxi Airlines
|Benefits||Egret Diamond Card||Egret Platinum Card||Egret Gold Card||Egret Silver Card|
|VIP Lounge||Member with 2 guests on the same flight and same day||Member with 1 guest on the same flight and same day||Member only||Member only for VIP lounges operated by Hebei Airlines and Jiangxi airlines only|
|Extra Baggage Allowance||40 kg (weight basis）/ 1 piece（piece basis）||30 kg （weight basis）/ 1 piece（piece basis）||20 kg（weight basis）/ 1 piece （piece basis）||10 kg （weight basis）/ 1 piece（piece basis）|
|Service in case of flight disruptions||Entitled to the same services as for Business Class passengers||-|
|Priority Baggage Handling||√|
|Priority Airport Standby||√|